Thursday 26 April 2012

Been busy - part 4 (the final part)

I have decided that I'm not extremely creative in the design department, but that I can usually see the other items being used in a card other than what is presented.  Sometimes, this is because I don't have the supplies listed or that I don't like the presentation or that I am on the lookout for the use of a particular stamp.  Whatever the reason, I very seldom follow the design to the letter and I encourage anyone who looks at my cards to do the same.  I am presenting a platform from which you can perform the most amazing feats.

The next two cards are a sample of the process that I go through when developing class ideas....not every card I make is a class sample, but can be the beginning to which I follow a path to design the card that I want to present.

The first card is a card that I remember seeing in a Stamper's Sampler about a year or so ago.  Thought I'd try to duplicate it. 

Top two flower stamps are Magenta stamps and the bottom one is Stampendous.  Can't remember where the FOR YOU is from.

All the punches are from Martha Stewart.  When I presented this card to my students, it was not coloured and I wasn't happy with the card.  After colouring it in, it looks much better.

For the card that I adapted and presented to class, butterflies came to mind only because I have this great Martha Steward butterfly punch that helped make this card pop.

C1299 - Butterfly Kiss

Hope you enjoyed my cards.

Smiles,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment