Wednesday 25 April 2012

Been busy - Part 1

Took my limited skll set and designed my own blog header.  For the first attempt, I am very happy with what I have done and when I further my skills, I am looking forward to what I can come up with! 

Taught a class on Sunday, April 22 and here are some of the cards that I did.  The theme of the class was Flowers, Inchies and Circles.

Fell in love with Melanie Muenchinger's card in the March 2010 CardMaker magazine when it came out.  So much so that I raced upstairs to buy the set Elegant Elements from Gina K Designs because none of the circles I had looked as nice.  Being a lazy stamper, I changed the butterflies to punched ones.  The punch was a Martha Stewart punch and all I did was direct to paper with the ink pads.  I used Adirondacks for the Melanie card and Distress inks for my CTMH takeoff card.  The stamp sets for the CTMH card were C1459 - Stitched Together (the flower) and C1494 - Card Word Puzzle (for birthday).  I upped the ante by using the LJ812 Dreamweaver stencil to place my stamps and after stamping, dry embossed to make raised squares.  I added Stardust stickles to all the butterflies on both cards.

adapted from Melanie Muenchinger's card from CardMaker magazine March 2010


C1459 Stitched Together CTMH set


Watch the next post for the next set of cards.  Until then..........TTFN,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment