Wednesday 22 October 2014

My First Mixed Media Class Project Done!!! Part 1

With great trepidation and my good friend Electra, I ventured into the world of mixed media in October of 2012 with an Artfest put on by Dooreen and Linda at Treasured Memories in Edmonton, AB.

I was gently eased into the world of imperfection and new toys / tools to play with and was hooked.  It was a great learning experience re: techniques as well in learning to let go of the "perfect" piece.  Because of the nature of the artform, perfection is definitely hit or miss and I am learning to be okay with that and enjoy my artwork.

I present to you........some of the finished project from the UNDER THE SEA Artfest.

Porthole Cover....love, love it!

Using some of the ephemera generously given by other participants

Flying Fish....using one of my sky photos & stamps

Ruins of Atlantis....used Dreamweaver column stencil & fussy cut fish

My take on the catfish and dogfish
Direct to paper, inked and sprayed doily

Using the prompt...The Abyss.  My absolute favourite page of the book

Using a bagful of gems given as a giftie and added glitter as well


I hope that you have enjoyed the first look undersea and that you didn't get your enthusiasm dampened!

Until next time,

Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment