Tuesday 16 February 2016

Hello again!

After a very long absenc, I am rejoining the blogging world.  Hopefully, will be more consistent and now that I am retired, more creative!

In addition to the cardmaking and the mixed media, I have been dabbling in painting and Cricut Design Space.  My crocheting and knitting output has increased substantially.  I am currently working on Quiet Book pages for our granddaughters and am in the planning stages for more sewing projects.

Once again, I have made myself the promise that I would not spend much in the way of crafting as I have shelves overflowing with product that is begging to be used.  I also do not want to start another craft as there are not enough hours in the day to do what I want to do now.

For the most part, I have been successful and have been pleased with my results.  My Christmas and Valentine cards were 95% scrap materials and I will be posting pics later.

I am starting to get excited about sharing my bits and pieces of creativity.  As Gord told me yesterday....I am an artist, but too afraid to admit it.  Consequently, by publishing this comment...I am now proudly admitting to being an artist whether I am good or bad at what I do is up to you, the viewer as I am creating what makes me feel as if I have accomplished an artful project.

Today's art is the most recent painting that I completed following a Paint Morning that was taught by my friend and very accomplished artist, Marilyn McConnell.


No comments:

Post a Comment